Four minor girls raped in West Bengal
Bankura (WB): Four minor girls, aged between five and ten, have been raped by a 40-year old man in West Bengal`s Bankura district, police said on Sunday.
The incident occurred at Rathtala area in Belatore on January 3 and the accused, identified as Rabi Lochan Dey, a grocery shop owner, was arrested last night, Superintendent of Police, Bankura, Mukesh Kumar said.
An FIR lodged with the police under Belatore police station by the guardians of the victims yesterday said the four girls, aged 5, 7, 8 and 10, had gone to the grocery shop at around 3 pm to purchase a cake.
On the pretext of giving them cake, Dey called the girls to another room and committed the crime, the report said.
The matter came to light when one of the girls passed blood with her urine, police said, adding that the report of a medical test conducted on the girls at Bankura Sammilani Medical College Hospital was awaited.
Local people gathered outside the grocery shop in protest against the incident this morning but police dispersed the mob.
Dey is due to be produced in court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read