Four minor girls raped in West Bengal
Bankura (WB): Four minor girls, aged between five and ten, have been raped by a 40-year old man in West Bengal`s Bankura district, police said on Sunday.
The incident occurred at Rathtala area in Belatore on January 3 and the accused, identified as Rabi Lochan Dey, a grocery shop owner, was arrested last night, Superintendent of Police, Bankura, Mukesh Kumar said.
An FIR lodged with the police under Belatore police station by the guardians of the victims yesterday said the four girls, aged 5, 7, 8 and 10, had gone to the grocery shop at around 3 pm to purchase a cake.
On the pretext of giving them cake, Dey called the girls to another room and committed the crime, the report said.
The matter came to light when one of the girls passed blood with her urine, police said, adding that the report of a medical test conducted on the girls at Bankura Sammilani Medical College Hospital was awaited.
Local people gathered outside the grocery shop in protest against the incident this morning but police dispersed the mob.
Dey is due to be produced in court.
- Beat the summer heat with these five cooling foods!
- Huge jams in Delhi, Noida as diesel taxi drivers protest against SC order
- Here’s how Hrithik Roshan responded when ‘characterless Kangana’ trended on Twitter
- Keenan-Reuben murder case: Mumbai court adjourns matter till May 5
- Bihar panchayat elections: Polling begins for third phase