Four minor girls raped in West Bengal
Bankura (WB): Four minor girls, aged between five and ten, have been raped by a 40-year old man in West Bengal`s Bankura district, police said on Sunday.
The incident occurred at Rathtala area in Belatore on January 3 and the accused, identified as Rabi Lochan Dey, a grocery shop owner, was arrested last night, Superintendent of Police, Bankura, Mukesh Kumar said.
An FIR lodged with the police under Belatore police station by the guardians of the victims yesterday said the four girls, aged 5, 7, 8 and 10, had gone to the grocery shop at around 3 pm to purchase a cake.
On the pretext of giving them cake, Dey called the girls to another room and committed the crime, the report said.
The matter came to light when one of the girls passed blood with her urine, police said, adding that the report of a medical test conducted on the girls at Bankura Sammilani Medical College Hospital was awaited.
Local people gathered outside the grocery shop in protest against the incident this morning but police dispersed the mob.
Dey is due to be produced in court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?