Four minor girls raped in West Bengal
Bankura (WB): Four minor girls, aged between five and ten, have been raped by a 40-year old man in West Bengal`s Bankura district, police said on Sunday.
The incident occurred at Rathtala area in Belatore on January 3 and the accused, identified as Rabi Lochan Dey, a grocery shop owner, was arrested last night, Superintendent of Police, Bankura, Mukesh Kumar said.
An FIR lodged with the police under Belatore police station by the guardians of the victims yesterday said the four girls, aged 5, 7, 8 and 10, had gone to the grocery shop at around 3 pm to purchase a cake.
On the pretext of giving them cake, Dey called the girls to another room and committed the crime, the report said.
The matter came to light when one of the girls passed blood with her urine, police said, adding that the report of a medical test conducted on the girls at Bankura Sammilani Medical College Hospital was awaited.
Local people gathered outside the grocery shop in protest against the incident this morning but police dispersed the mob.
Dey is due to be produced in court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...