Kishenji killed in very clean operation: CRPF
Jhargram (WB): Wanted Maoist leader Kishenji
was killed in a "very clean and successful" operation by the
joint forces in West Midnapore district, CRPF Director General
Vijay Kumar on Friday said.
"It was a very clean and successful operation and our
boys did not waste a minute," he told reporters here in
Burisole forest where Kishenji was killed.
"No, no, no," he said when asked about the allegation of
fake encounter levelled by revolutionary poet and Maoist
sympathiser Varvara Rao.
"It was a tactical and symbolic operation by the joint
forces, particularly the CRPF and West Bengal police. They
(Maoists) were under pressure as public help for them was not
there, which helped us. It was a very important stride," Kumar
Asked whether the joint forces pursued only Kishenji,
DIG (Midnapore Range) Vineet Goel said, "The operation was
planned after we received intelligence input that a squad was
holed up. And, we could pin him down.
"The operation is still on, but I can`t share details
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Drop everything and watch out for John, Varun & Jacqueline starrer 'Dishoom's logo! Pic Inside
- Centre to declassify 25 more files relating to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose today
- SRH vs SL: Indian Premier League 9, Qualifier 2 - Players to watch out for in virtual semi-final
- Spellers from Texas, New York state battle to tie in US Spelling Bee
- Have given corruption free govt: Amit Shah on 2 years of Modi raj