Kishenji killed in very clean operation: CRPF
Jhargram (WB): Wanted Maoist leader Kishenji
was killed in a "very clean and successful" operation by the
joint forces in West Midnapore district, CRPF Director General
Vijay Kumar on Friday said.
"It was a very clean and successful operation and our
boys did not waste a minute," he told reporters here in
Burisole forest where Kishenji was killed.
"No, no, no," he said when asked about the allegation of
fake encounter levelled by revolutionary poet and Maoist
sympathiser Varvara Rao.
"It was a tactical and symbolic operation by the joint
forces, particularly the CRPF and West Bengal police. They
(Maoists) were under pressure as public help for them was not
there, which helped us. It was a very important stride," Kumar
Asked whether the joint forces pursued only Kishenji,
DIG (Midnapore Range) Vineet Goel said, "The operation was
planned after we received intelligence input that a squad was
holed up. And, we could pin him down.
"The operation is still on, but I can`t share details
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'