Kolkata fire: Two more AMRI officials arrested
Kolkata: Two senior officials of the AMRI
Hospital were arrested on Tuesday in connection with Friday`s fire
in the facility that left 93 people dead.
S Upadhay, senior vice-president and the hospital safety
committee chairman and Sanjiv Pal, Administrative Officer, of
the hospital were arrested today, Joint Commissioner of
Police (Crime) Damayanti Sen said.
The two officials would be produced before a city court
later in the day, he said.
Nine persons have so far been arrested in connection with
the fire mishap.
Earlier the police had arrested seven directors of the
AMRI Hospital in connection with the fire.
The six arrested directors R S Goenka, S K Todi, Prashant
Goenka, Manish Goenka, Ravi Todi and Dayanand Agarwal were
charged mainly with culpable homicide not amounting to murder
and negligence and were remanded to police custody by a city
court till December 20.
Another arrested director R S Agarwal was not produced
before court as he has been admitted to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- After 11 years Mars will come closest to Earth on May 30
- Indian Premier League 2016 Final: SunRisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Rahul Singh takes blessings from poor on his B-day
- Dino Morea, Ranbir Kapoor flaunt football skills! - See pics
- BJP to go it alone in UP Assembly polls, Ram temple not to be on poll agenda: Mahesh Sharma