Kolkata fire: Two more AMRI officials arrested
Kolkata: Two senior officials of the AMRI
Hospital were arrested on Tuesday in connection with Friday`s fire
in the facility that left 93 people dead.
S Upadhay, senior vice-president and the hospital safety
committee chairman and Sanjiv Pal, Administrative Officer, of
the hospital were arrested today, Joint Commissioner of
Police (Crime) Damayanti Sen said.
The two officials would be produced before a city court
later in the day, he said.
Nine persons have so far been arrested in connection with
the fire mishap.
Earlier the police had arrested seven directors of the
AMRI Hospital in connection with the fire.
The six arrested directors R S Goenka, S K Todi, Prashant
Goenka, Manish Goenka, Ravi Todi and Dayanand Agarwal were
charged mainly with culpable homicide not amounting to murder
and negligence and were remanded to police custody by a city
court till December 20.
Another arrested director R S Agarwal was not produced
before court as he has been admitted to hospital.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Crucial file on 'truth behind Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's disappearance' destroyed in 1972
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner
- Nobody can portray Lakhan better than me: Anil Kapoor
- PHOTOS: How Mumbai Indians' captain Rohit Sharma celebrated his 29th birthday!
- Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim describes West Bengal's Garden Reach as 'mini-pakistan', draws flak