Kolkata fire: Two more AMRI officials arrested
Kolkata: Two senior officials of the AMRI
Hospital were arrested on Tuesday in connection with Friday`s fire
in the facility that left 93 people dead.
S Upadhay, senior vice-president and the hospital safety
committee chairman and Sanjiv Pal, Administrative Officer, of
the hospital were arrested today, Joint Commissioner of
Police (Crime) Damayanti Sen said.
The two officials would be produced before a city court
later in the day, he said.
Nine persons have so far been arrested in connection with
the fire mishap.
Earlier the police had arrested seven directors of the
AMRI Hospital in connection with the fire.
The six arrested directors R S Goenka, S K Todi, Prashant
Goenka, Manish Goenka, Ravi Todi and Dayanand Agarwal were
charged mainly with culpable homicide not amounting to murder
and negligence and were remanded to police custody by a city
court till December 20.
Another arrested director R S Agarwal was not produced
before court as he has been admitted to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what