Kolkata fire: Two more AMRI officials arrested
Kolkata: Two senior officials of the AMRI
Hospital were arrested on Tuesday in connection with Friday`s fire
in the facility that left 93 people dead.
S Upadhay, senior vice-president and the hospital safety
committee chairman and Sanjiv Pal, Administrative Officer, of
the hospital were arrested today, Joint Commissioner of
Police (Crime) Damayanti Sen said.
The two officials would be produced before a city court
later in the day, he said.
Nine persons have so far been arrested in connection with
the fire mishap.
Earlier the police had arrested seven directors of the
AMRI Hospital in connection with the fire.
The six arrested directors R S Goenka, S K Todi, Prashant
Goenka, Manish Goenka, Ravi Todi and Dayanand Agarwal were
charged mainly with culpable homicide not amounting to murder
and negligence and were remanded to police custody by a city
court till December 20.
Another arrested director R S Agarwal was not produced
before court as he has been admitted to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy