Kolkata fire: Two more AMRI officials arrested
Kolkata: Two senior officials of the AMRI
Hospital were arrested on Tuesday in connection with Friday`s fire
in the facility that left 93 people dead.
S Upadhay, senior vice-president and the hospital safety
committee chairman and Sanjiv Pal, Administrative Officer, of
the hospital were arrested today, Joint Commissioner of
Police (Crime) Damayanti Sen said.
The two officials would be produced before a city court
later in the day, he said.
Nine persons have so far been arrested in connection with
the fire mishap.
Earlier the police had arrested seven directors of the
AMRI Hospital in connection with the fire.
The six arrested directors R S Goenka, S K Todi, Prashant
Goenka, Manish Goenka, Ravi Todi and Dayanand Agarwal were
charged mainly with culpable homicide not amounting to murder
and negligence and were remanded to police custody by a city
court till December 20.
Another arrested director R S Agarwal was not produced
before court as he has been admitted to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!