Kunal Ghosh summoned by ED on Saradha scam
Kolkata: Suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh has been summoned by the Enforcement Directorate for questioning in the Saradha chit fund scam on October 29.
"The enforcement directorate has summoned me for questioning and they said either me or any authorised representative can visit the ED office. But I have decided that I myself will go to the ED office and cooperate with them fully," Ghosh said on Sunday.
On group chairman`s Sudipta Sen`s letter to the CBI pointing his involvement in the scam, Ghosh said "I believe it is part of a larger plot to malign me and it is natural that whoever investigates the matter will summon me for questioning," former CEO of the Saradha media group said.
Ghosh, who has been repeatedly summoned by the Biddhanagar police comissionerate and SFIO of the ministry of corporate affairs, has maintained he did not know anything about the scam but threatened to disclose names involved if arrested.
The scam, in which lakhs of investors were duped, came to light in April after which Sen was arrested alongwith two top company officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- 'Saffron party will still face defeat in the upcoming assembly elections', BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna Joshi jump