Kunal Ghosh summoned by ED on Saradha scam
Kolkata: Suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh has been summoned by the Enforcement Directorate for questioning in the Saradha chit fund scam on October 29.
"The enforcement directorate has summoned me for questioning and they said either me or any authorised representative can visit the ED office. But I have decided that I myself will go to the ED office and cooperate with them fully," Ghosh said on Sunday.
On group chairman`s Sudipta Sen`s letter to the CBI pointing his involvement in the scam, Ghosh said "I believe it is part of a larger plot to malign me and it is natural that whoever investigates the matter will summon me for questioning," former CEO of the Saradha media group said.
Ghosh, who has been repeatedly summoned by the Biddhanagar police comissionerate and SFIO of the ministry of corporate affairs, has maintained he did not know anything about the scam but threatened to disclose names involved if arrested.
The scam, in which lakhs of investors were duped, came to light in April after which Sen was arrested alongwith two top company officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Kejriwal, Mamata to attend Mother Teresa's canonization in Rome on Sept 4
- Flood situation worsens in Assam; Uttarakhand experiences intermittent rain
- Katrina Kaif JOKES about her actual thought behind 'Kala Chashma'—READ inside!
- Two women assaulted at Madhya Pradesh railway station for carrying beef
- Memorial for India's 'missile man': Naidu, Parrikar unveil statue of APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram