Mamata Banerjee asks UPA partners to quit Manmohan government
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee on Thursday described as `immoral and unethical` the decision by the `minority` government at the Centre on hike in FDI in insurance and pension sectors, and called on all UPA partners to quit the government in protest.
"Today, yet another set of anti-people decisions of the Central Government have crossed the Laxman Rekha. These important decisions, which have direct bearing on the livelihood of millions of Indians, taken by a minority government, are immoral and unethical," Banerjee wrote on her Facebook page.
"Increase in FDI percentage from 26 to 49 in Insurance Sector and introducing 26% FDI in Pension Sector will make lifelong savings of individuals totally insecure," she said.
"Is it the intention of the UPA Government to sell out the country? We should unitedly oppose all such moves and will not allow the government to be bailed out after a series of such anti-people decisions," the Trinamool Congress chief said.
Stating that the people of the country were watching the UPA government, she said, "I will also appeal to those supporting UPA to come out and oppose these moves in the greater interest of the people.
"Sarkar jaana jaroori hai, desh ko bachane ke liye," she said.
Calling for moving a no confidence motion against the government, Banerjee said, "the minority government cannot play such immoral role. Let us move No Confidence Motion. We have decided to meet the Hon`ble President on this issue."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’