Naxal faction opposes Maoists` abduction policy
Kolkata: A Naxal faction on Thursday condemned the politics of abduction by Maoists to realise their demands, saying it is a "wrong" policy.
"We are of the opinion that their politics of abduction is wrong. It is a wrong policy," CPI(ML-Liberation) general secretary Dipankar Bhattacharya said.
"We have also noted that governments act only if an important bureaucrat or a VIP is abducted but not in the case of others," he added.
He, however, accused the governments of Chhattisgarh, Odisha and West Bengal of violating human rights.
Bhattacharya criticised the Mamata Banerjee government in West Bengal, which will complete a year in office shortly, for launching attacks on democratic forces.
He said that his party would hold a convention here on June 26 and hold its central committee meeting in Ranchi from May 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days