Naxal faction opposes Maoists` abduction policy
Kolkata: A Naxal faction on Thursday condemned the politics of abduction by Maoists to realise their demands, saying it is a "wrong" policy.
"We are of the opinion that their politics of abduction is wrong. It is a wrong policy," CPI(ML-Liberation) general secretary Dipankar Bhattacharya said.
"We have also noted that governments act only if an important bureaucrat or a VIP is abducted but not in the case of others," he added.
He, however, accused the governments of Chhattisgarh, Odisha and West Bengal of violating human rights.
Bhattacharya criticised the Mamata Banerjee government in West Bengal, which will complete a year in office shortly, for launching attacks on democratic forces.
He said that his party would hold a convention here on June 26 and hold its central committee meeting in Ranchi from May 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery