Physically challenged woman allegedly gang-raped
Dankuni: A 24-year-old physically challenged woman has been allegedly gang-raped in West Bengal`s Hooghly district.
The woman was returning home from here to Bagdana when she was abducted by two of her neighbours Sheikh Nasir and Sheikh Kalam on February four. They later took her to a nearby isolated house and allegedly gangraped her, District Superintendent of Police Sunil Choudhury said.
As some persons raised alarm, the culprits managed to escape. The victim`s father lodged an FIR in Dankuni police station subsequently on February 10, the SP said.
The two along with a couple of persons were arrested later.
A police team along with the accused today visited the spot for verification.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional