Presidency mentor group condemns vandalism at university
Kolkata: Presidency Mentor Group on Sunday condemned the vandalism at the prestigious institution earlier this week and demanded stringent punishment for the accused.
"The incident is condemnable. A filthy thing has happened. Those who are behind this should be punished," chairman of the Presidency Mentor Group, Sugata Bose, said.
Appreciating Governor MK Narayanan`s visit to the university on April 12, Bose said it came as a balm for the students of the institution.
Persons reportedly carrying Trinamool Congress flags had ransacked the Baker Laboratory and other departments, beat up some students and abused girl students as a reaction to the heckling of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Finance Minister Amit Mitra by SFI activists in New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000