Roads blocked in Jalpaiguri over chit-fund issue
Jalpaiguri (WB): Hundreds of people who had deposited money with the chit-fund company Saradha Group, on the verge of collapse, on Monday blocked roads, highways and protested outside the company`s office in Jalpaiguri district.
Around 150 depositors gathered at Saradha office in Wakilpara and protested against non-payment of their dues.
Demanding the arrest of the company`s managers, the protesters also blocked many roads and highways at various places in Alipurduar, Falakata and in Jalpaiguri town.
The West Bengal government has already ordered the arrest of Saradha`s Chairman and Managing Director Sudipta Sen, who has gone absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof