Roads blocked in Jalpaiguri over chit-fund issue
Jalpaiguri (WB): Hundreds of people who had deposited money with the chit-fund company Saradha Group, on the verge of collapse, on Monday blocked roads, highways and protested outside the company`s office in Jalpaiguri district.
Around 150 depositors gathered at Saradha office in Wakilpara and protested against non-payment of their dues.
Demanding the arrest of the company`s managers, the protesters also blocked many roads and highways at various places in Alipurduar, Falakata and in Jalpaiguri town.
The West Bengal government has already ordered the arrest of Saradha`s Chairman and Managing Director Sudipta Sen, who has gone absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley