Sanjay Mitra takes over as Bengal`s new Chief Secretary
Kolkata: Sanjay Mitra, a 1982 batch IAS officer on Sunday took over as new Chief Secretary of West Bengal, replacing Samar Ghosh who retired from the post.
Mitra, who was holding the post of Principal Secretary of Health and Family Welfare department, would be replaced by Higher Education Secretary Satish Tewari.
Mitra will enjoy a long stint in office as his retirement is due in 2019.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee brought Mitra from the Prime Minister`s Office some months after she took over in May last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry