Sanjay Mitra takes over as Bengal`s new Chief Secretary
Kolkata: Sanjay Mitra, a 1982 batch IAS officer on Sunday took over as new Chief Secretary of West Bengal, replacing Samar Ghosh who retired from the post.
Mitra, who was holding the post of Principal Secretary of Health and Family Welfare department, would be replaced by Higher Education Secretary Satish Tewari.
Mitra will enjoy a long stint in office as his retirement is due in 2019.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee brought Mitra from the Prime Minister`s Office some months after she took over in May last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test