Sanjay Mitra takes over as Bengal`s new Chief Secretary
Kolkata: Sanjay Mitra, a 1982 batch IAS officer on Sunday took over as new Chief Secretary of West Bengal, replacing Samar Ghosh who retired from the post.
Mitra, who was holding the post of Principal Secretary of Health and Family Welfare department, would be replaced by Higher Education Secretary Satish Tewari.
Mitra will enjoy a long stint in office as his retirement is due in 2019.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee brought Mitra from the Prime Minister`s Office some months after she took over in May last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016