Sanjay Mitra takes over as Bengal`s new Chief Secretary
Kolkata: Sanjay Mitra, a 1982 batch IAS officer on Sunday took over as new Chief Secretary of West Bengal, replacing Samar Ghosh who retired from the post.
Mitra, who was holding the post of Principal Secretary of Health and Family Welfare department, would be replaced by Higher Education Secretary Satish Tewari.
Mitra will enjoy a long stint in office as his retirement is due in 2019.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee brought Mitra from the Prime Minister`s Office some months after she took over in May last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer