Sanjay Mitra takes over as Bengal`s new Chief Secretary
Kolkata: Sanjay Mitra, a 1982 batch IAS officer on Sunday took over as new Chief Secretary of West Bengal, replacing Samar Ghosh who retired from the post.
Mitra, who was holding the post of Principal Secretary of Health and Family Welfare department, would be replaced by Higher Education Secretary Satish Tewari.
Mitra will enjoy a long stint in office as his retirement is due in 2019.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee brought Mitra from the Prime Minister`s Office some months after she took over in May last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda