Sealdah fire toll rises to 20, FIR against four
Kolkata: The toll in the Wednesday`s Sealdah market complex fire here rose to 20 with one of the victim succumbing to his injuries Friday even as police registered a case against four persons.
"Today one person has died in the hospital. He was admitted with 80 per cent burns," Joint CP (Crime) Pallab Kanti Ghosh said.
Meanwhile, forensic experts visited the site and collected samples for investigation.
According to Ghosh, a case has been registered against four persons with regard to the fire incident.
"A case has been filed against four persons, but no arrests has been made so far," Ghosh said.
The massive fire which engulfed a market housing a godown-cum-office complex in central Kolkata`s Sealdah area early on February 27 had left 19 people dead and 10 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi