Sealdah fire toll rises to 20, FIR against four
Kolkata: The toll in the Wednesday`s Sealdah market complex fire here rose to 20 with one of the victim succumbing to his injuries Friday even as police registered a case against four persons.
"Today one person has died in the hospital. He was admitted with 80 per cent burns," Joint CP (Crime) Pallab Kanti Ghosh said.
Meanwhile, forensic experts visited the site and collected samples for investigation.
According to Ghosh, a case has been registered against four persons with regard to the fire incident.
"A case has been filed against four persons, but no arrests has been made so far," Ghosh said.
The massive fire which engulfed a market housing a godown-cum-office complex in central Kolkata`s Sealdah area early on February 27 had left 19 people dead and 10 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS