Security beefed up in Kolkata for Kali puja, Diwali
Kolkata: CCTV cameras have been installed and check posts set up at entrances to the metropolis as part of security arrangements for Kali puja and Diwali.
Extra forces have been deployed in various parts of the metropolis while security in border areas has been strengthened, police sources said today.
A CCTV surveillance system to improve the security of women in the metropolis was launched yesterday at Lalbazar, the headquarters of the Kolkata Police.
The monitoring would be done through 400 cameras from the police headquarters.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- TN polls: DMK promises metro rail service for Coimbatore
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt
- India's investments into UK more than doubled in 2015
- Motorola expected to launch Moto G (4th Gen) handset on May 17