Security beefed up in Kolkata for Kali puja, Diwali
Kolkata: CCTV cameras have been installed and check posts set up at entrances to the metropolis as part of security arrangements for Kali puja and Diwali.
Extra forces have been deployed in various parts of the metropolis while security in border areas has been strengthened, police sources said today.
A CCTV surveillance system to improve the security of women in the metropolis was launched yesterday at Lalbazar, the headquarters of the Kolkata Police.
The monitoring would be done through 400 cameras from the police headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him