Security beefed up in Kolkata for Kali puja, Diwali
Kolkata: CCTV cameras have been installed and check posts set up at entrances to the metropolis as part of security arrangements for Kali puja and Diwali.
Extra forces have been deployed in various parts of the metropolis while security in border areas has been strengthened, police sources said today.
A CCTV surveillance system to improve the security of women in the metropolis was launched yesterday at Lalbazar, the headquarters of the Kolkata Police.
The monitoring would be done through 400 cameras from the police headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- President tells IIT, IISc-Bangalore and IISER scholars to make India great
- Accident blocks Delhi-Howrah rail route, two dozen trains diverted
- Israel says Abbas reviving old `blood libel` against Jews
- Colombia government, FARC rebels sign ceasefire
- Subramanian Swamy now raises questions on Arvind Kejriwal's admission into IIT