Security beefed up in Kolkata for Kali puja, Diwali
Kolkata: CCTV cameras have been installed and check posts set up at entrances to the metropolis as part of security arrangements for Kali puja and Diwali.
Extra forces have been deployed in various parts of the metropolis while security in border areas has been strengthened, police sources said today.
A CCTV surveillance system to improve the security of women in the metropolis was launched yesterday at Lalbazar, the headquarters of the Kolkata Police.
The monitoring would be done through 400 cameras from the police headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert