Senior official falls to death at Kolkata Airport
Kolkata: A senior official of the Airports Authority of India (AAI) posted at the NSC Bose International Airport here was killed after he slipped and fell from the roof the new terminal building on Friday, airport sources said.
The Joint General Manager (Information Technology) of the NSC Bose International Airport Pravin Khandelwal went to the roof for inspecting the IT work in the building at around 10 am when he slipped and fell, the sources said.
He was immediately rushed to a private hospital where he succumbed to his injuries, the sources added.
Khandelwal was transferred to Kolkata from New Delhi around two years ago and was staying in the staff quarters of the Airport with his family.
The AAI has built the new terminal building at the N S C Bose International Airport which is slated to be thrown open to the public next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened