Senior official falls to death at Kolkata Airport
Kolkata: A senior official of the Airports Authority of India (AAI) posted at the NSC Bose International Airport here was killed after he slipped and fell from the roof the new terminal building on Friday, airport sources said.
The Joint General Manager (Information Technology) of the NSC Bose International Airport Pravin Khandelwal went to the roof for inspecting the IT work in the building at around 10 am when he slipped and fell, the sources said.
He was immediately rushed to a private hospital where he succumbed to his injuries, the sources added.
Khandelwal was transferred to Kolkata from New Delhi around two years ago and was staying in the staff quarters of the Airport with his family.
The AAI has built the new terminal building at the N S C Bose International Airport which is slated to be thrown open to the public next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Bailey stars as Australia deny Sri Lanka winning farewell to Dilshan; lead ODI series 2-1
- EPL 2016-17: Gameweek 3 — City go top with win over Hammers
- Glowing distant stars become Hubble's latest subject! - See pic
- PM Modi reaches out to people of Kashmir Valley, talks of 'unity and compassion', slams those fomenting trouble
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!