Seven killed, 33 injured in road mishap in Bengal
Purulia/Bankura: Seven persons were killed and 33 others injured, 10 of them seriously, when the vehicle in which they were travelling hit a lampost and overturned in Bankura district on Sunday, police said.
The mishap took place near Barjara village in the district when a matador, carrying a 40-member troupe of chow dancers of Purulia district, was returning after a dance performance in Durgapur in Burdwan district, SP, Purulia, C Sudhakar said.
The injured were rushed to a nearby hospital, he said, adding, that 10 of the seriously injured have been referred to Bankura Medical College Hospital for further treatment.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!