Seven killed, 33 injured in road mishap in Bengal
Purulia/Bankura: Seven persons were killed and 33 others injured, 10 of them seriously, when the vehicle in which they were travelling hit a lampost and overturned in Bankura district on Sunday, police said.
The mishap took place near Barjara village in the district when a matador, carrying a 40-member troupe of chow dancers of Purulia district, was returning after a dance performance in Durgapur in Burdwan district, SP, Purulia, C Sudhakar said.
The injured were rushed to a nearby hospital, he said, adding, that 10 of the seriously injured have been referred to Bankura Medical College Hospital for further treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details