Seven killed, 33 injured in road mishap in Bengal
Purulia/Bankura: Seven persons were killed and 33 others injured, 10 of them seriously, when the vehicle in which they were travelling hit a lampost and overturned in Bankura district on Sunday, police said.
The mishap took place near Barjara village in the district when a matador, carrying a 40-member troupe of chow dancers of Purulia district, was returning after a dance performance in Durgapur in Burdwan district, SP, Purulia, C Sudhakar said.
The injured were rushed to a nearby hospital, he said, adding, that 10 of the seriously injured have been referred to Bankura Medical College Hospital for further treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Debris in Tanzania to be examined for link to missing MH370: Report
- Religious tensions bristle in Myanmar village after mosque destroyed
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a traitor: Mayawati