Seven killed, 33 injured in road mishap in Bengal
Purulia/Bankura: Seven persons were killed and 33 others injured, 10 of them seriously, when the vehicle in which they were travelling hit a lampost and overturned in Bankura district on Sunday, police said.
The mishap took place near Barjara village in the district when a matador, carrying a 40-member troupe of chow dancers of Purulia district, was returning after a dance performance in Durgapur in Burdwan district, SP, Purulia, C Sudhakar said.
The injured were rushed to a nearby hospital, he said, adding, that 10 of the seriously injured have been referred to Bankura Medical College Hospital for further treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`