Teachers caught drinking alcohol in Bengal school
Cooch Behar (West Bengal): The teachers of a West Bengal government-run high school allegedly drank alcohol during a party organised in the premises of the famous school in Cooch Behar, the police said on Friday.
The police said Bijan Saha, a teacher of Jenkins School, who took the lead in organising the feast Thursday night was detained after angry students lodged a complaint with the police.
According to the police, a feast was arranged in the school premises to celebrate the admission of three sons of three teachers.
The teachers and employees of the school were caught in a drunken state by the students, the police said.
School students took out a procession in the town here this morning demanding strict measures against the teachers and other employees of the school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof