Three more infants die at West Bengal hospital
Malda: Three more infants died at the Malda Medical College Hospital, taking the total number of crib deaths at the facility in the past three days to 12.
"Three babies died in the past 24 hours. All of them were underweight and below one year. They were suffering from respiratory problem and had septicaemia," College Vice Principal Dr MA Rashid said.
The condition of the children worsened due to long journey from remote areas of the district and nearby Jharkhand, hospital sources said.
A three-member investigation team will arrive from Kolkata tomorrow to assess the situation in the hospital, Rashid said.
District Magistrate G Kiran Kumar said 22 beds would be added to the paediatric department of the hospital soon to cope with the situation.
The hospital had witnessed many crib deaths last year.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why