Trade unions call countrywide strike on Feb 20-21
Kolkata: Opposing financial sector reforms, a number of trade unions have called a two-day countrywide general strike on February 20 and 21 next year.
"The current government policies are anti-people and benefiting corporate entities and hurting the common man. In protest against this, national trade unions have jointly called a two-day all India general strike," CITU state general secretary Kali Ghosh said.
The CITU, INTUC, AITUC, BMS and left backed banking sector unions jointly called the strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Karan Johar is keen to watch THIS Bollywood release! Any guesses?
- 12 killed as violence mars Bangladesh local body polls
- Assault on Africans: Eight held, Home Minister Rajnath Singh asks police to ensure safety
- Must watch VIDEO: When James Vince, Joe Root teamed-up to take possibly the best slip catch in Test cricket history
- Arun Jaitley seeks Japanese investments; meets SoftBank CEO