Trade unions call countrywide strike on Feb 20-21
Kolkata: Opposing financial sector reforms, a number of trade unions have called a two-day countrywide general strike on February 20 and 21 next year.
"The current government policies are anti-people and benefiting corporate entities and hurting the common man. In protest against this, national trade unions have jointly called a two-day all India general strike," CITU state general secretary Kali Ghosh said.
The CITU, INTUC, AITUC, BMS and left backed banking sector unions jointly called the strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?