WB Assembly adjourned after obituary references
Kolkata: The West Bengal Assembly was Friday adjourned on the first day of the winter session after obituary references by Speaker Biman Banerjee to eminent persons and former members of the House, who died recently.
Obituary references were made among others, to former Prime Minister I K Gujral, poet Sunil Gangopadhyay, film director Yash Raj Chopra and Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackrey.
The winter session will continue till December 13 when seven Bills are likely to be tabled.
These include West Bengal Value Added Tax (Amendment) Bill 2012, West Bengal State Health Service (Amendment) Bill 2012 and the Diamond Harbour Women`s University Bill 2012.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah