WB Assembly adjourned after obituary references
Kolkata: The West Bengal Assembly was Friday adjourned on the first day of the winter session after obituary references by Speaker Biman Banerjee to eminent persons and former members of the House, who died recently.
Obituary references were made among others, to former Prime Minister I K Gujral, poet Sunil Gangopadhyay, film director Yash Raj Chopra and Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackrey.
The winter session will continue till December 13 when seven Bills are likely to be tabled.
These include West Bengal Value Added Tax (Amendment) Bill 2012, West Bengal State Health Service (Amendment) Bill 2012 and the Diamond Harbour Women`s University Bill 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi