WB Assembly adjourned after obituary references
Kolkata: The West Bengal Assembly was Friday adjourned on the first day of the winter session after obituary references by Speaker Biman Banerjee to eminent persons and former members of the House, who died recently.
Obituary references were made among others, to former Prime Minister I K Gujral, poet Sunil Gangopadhyay, film director Yash Raj Chopra and Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackrey.
The winter session will continue till December 13 when seven Bills are likely to be tabled.
These include West Bengal Value Added Tax (Amendment) Bill 2012, West Bengal State Health Service (Amendment) Bill 2012 and the Diamond Harbour Women`s University Bill 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre