WB Assembly adjourned after obituary references
Kolkata: The West Bengal Assembly was Friday adjourned on the first day of the winter session after obituary references by Speaker Biman Banerjee to eminent persons and former members of the House, who died recently.
Obituary references were made among others, to former Prime Minister I K Gujral, poet Sunil Gangopadhyay, film director Yash Raj Chopra and Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackrey.
The winter session will continue till December 13 when seven Bills are likely to be tabled.
These include West Bengal Value Added Tax (Amendment) Bill 2012, West Bengal State Health Service (Amendment) Bill 2012 and the Diamond Harbour Women`s University Bill 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?