Will not bow before arrogance of power: Mamata
Kolkata: In a veiled attack on the Congress, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday said she would never bow to those who showed arrogance of power.
"Maa, Maati, Manush (people, land mother) are assets of our democracy. I will bow before them but I will never give in to those displaying arrogance power," she said here at a function.
"There is no use threatening us, for we too can strike back," she added.
Her comments come in the wake of the divorce between her Trinamool Congress and the Congress both in the state and in New Delhi.
Trinamool ministers Friday resigned from the government of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in protest against economic reforms.
The Congress has also decided to quit the Mamata Banerjee government in West Bengal.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan