Will not bow before arrogance of power: Mamata
Kolkata: In a veiled attack on the Congress, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday said she would never bow to those who showed arrogance of power.
"Maa, Maati, Manush (people, land mother) are assets of our democracy. I will bow before them but I will never give in to those displaying arrogance power," she said here at a function.
"There is no use threatening us, for we too can strike back," she added.
Her comments come in the wake of the divorce between her Trinamool Congress and the Congress both in the state and in New Delhi.
Trinamool ministers Friday resigned from the government of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in protest against economic reforms.
The Congress has also decided to quit the Mamata Banerjee government in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days