Will not bow before arrogance of power: Mamata
Kolkata: In a veiled attack on the Congress, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday said she would never bow to those who showed arrogance of power.
"Maa, Maati, Manush (people, land mother) are assets of our democracy. I will bow before them but I will never give in to those displaying arrogance power," she said here at a function.
"There is no use threatening us, for we too can strike back," she added.
Her comments come in the wake of the divorce between her Trinamool Congress and the Congress both in the state and in New Delhi.
Trinamool ministers Friday resigned from the government of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in protest against economic reforms.
The Congress has also decided to quit the Mamata Banerjee government in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani arrested for defying restrictions
- Narsingh Yadav doping row: PM Narendra Modi intervenes, seeks details of controversy from WFI president
- India won't tolerate any insult to its Army - Must Read
- Swara Bhaskar turns writer, pens love story
- Venus clouds may reveal underlying secrets