Woman, children run over by train
Malda: Three members of a family -- a woman and her two little children -- were run over by a speeding train and killed while crossing railway tracks in Malda district, GRP sources said today.
Anjula Khatun (25), her son Alauddin (3) and daughter Sayesta Pervin (1) were run over by Down Balurghat-Kolkata Tebhaga Express at Syedpur under Gajol police station.
The woman died on the spot as wheels of the train severed her body while her children were flung away by the impact and they succumbed later, the sources said.
Local people claimed it was a case of suicide, as family problems were there in the woman`s family.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?