Woman, children run over by train
Malda: Three members of a family -- a woman and her two little children -- were run over by a speeding train and killed while crossing railway tracks in Malda district, GRP sources said today.
Anjula Khatun (25), her son Alauddin (3) and daughter Sayesta Pervin (1) were run over by Down Balurghat-Kolkata Tebhaga Express at Syedpur under Gajol police station.
The woman died on the spot as wheels of the train severed her body while her children were flung away by the impact and they succumbed later, the sources said.
Local people claimed it was a case of suicide, as family problems were there in the woman`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued