Woman, children run over by train
Malda: Three members of a family -- a woman and her two little children -- were run over by a speeding train and killed while crossing railway tracks in Malda district, GRP sources said today.
Anjula Khatun (25), her son Alauddin (3) and daughter Sayesta Pervin (1) were run over by Down Balurghat-Kolkata Tebhaga Express at Syedpur under Gajol police station.
The woman died on the spot as wheels of the train severed her body while her children were flung away by the impact and they succumbed later, the sources said.
Local people claimed it was a case of suicide, as family problems were there in the woman`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview