Woman found dead in West Bengal, family alleges rape
Kolkata: The half-naked body of a married woman bearing a deep wound in the neck was found in West Bengal`s Burdwan district, police said on Sunday. Her family alleged she was raped before being murdered.
"The half-naked dead body of the woman was discovered late Saturday night. We have registered a case of murder and sent the body for post-mortem. Five people have been detained for questioning," said a police official.
The victim`s husband claimed that she was raped and also alleged that police refused to lodge a rape complaint.
The official clarified that a case of rape would be registered only if the offence was confirmed in the post-mortem examination report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today