Woman found dead in West Bengal, family alleges rape
Kolkata: The half-naked body of a married woman bearing a deep wound in the neck was found in West Bengal`s Burdwan district, police said on Sunday. Her family alleged she was raped before being murdered.
"The half-naked dead body of the woman was discovered late Saturday night. We have registered a case of murder and sent the body for post-mortem. Five people have been detained for questioning," said a police official.
The victim`s husband claimed that she was raped and also alleged that police refused to lodge a rape complaint.
The official clarified that a case of rape would be registered only if the offence was confirmed in the post-mortem examination report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok