1 killed, 34 injured in blast in residential complex in China
Beijing: One person was killed and 34 others were injured in an explosion at a residential building in north China, which police said was triggered by illegal manufacturing and storage of detonators.
Police found self-made detonator shells at the six-storey building in Dongwuyao Village in Hebei province, where the explosion took place on saturday.
Detonator shells and explosive materials were also discovered in the building`s basement, state-run news agency reported.
Police suspected illegal manufacturing and storage of detonators might have caused the blast.
The injured have been hospitalised and two of them are in critical condition.
Part of the building collapsed after the blast rocked the Yaoheningyuan Residential Community in Baoding.
Witnesses said heavy smoke was seen following the explosion, which shattered window glass of buildings 200 meters away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Brexit shockwaves hit British jobs, consumer confidence
- Mandsaur Muslim women assault case: Four accused held as victims narrate tale of horror
- Rupee rules firm for 3rd day, up 10 paise to 67.04 Vs USD
- Mehbooba Mufti's Burhan Wani bombshell - WATCH what exactly she said
- BELIEVE IT OR NOT! This cricket team was bowled out of just 3 runs – Details inside