1 killed, 34 injured in blast in residential complex in China
Beijing: One person was killed and 34 others were injured in an explosion at a residential building in north China, which police said was triggered by illegal manufacturing and storage of detonators.
Police found self-made detonator shells at the six-storey building in Dongwuyao Village in Hebei province, where the explosion took place on saturday.
Detonator shells and explosive materials were also discovered in the building`s basement, state-run news agency reported.
Police suspected illegal manufacturing and storage of detonators might have caused the blast.
The injured have been hospitalised and two of them are in critical condition.
Part of the building collapsed after the blast rocked the Yaoheningyuan Residential Community in Baoding.
Witnesses said heavy smoke was seen following the explosion, which shattered window glass of buildings 200 meters away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez