1 killed, 34 injured in blast in residential complex in China
Beijing: One person was killed and 34 others were injured in an explosion at a residential building in north China, which police said was triggered by illegal manufacturing and storage of detonators.
Police found self-made detonator shells at the six-storey building in Dongwuyao Village in Hebei province, where the explosion took place on saturday.
Detonator shells and explosive materials were also discovered in the building`s basement, state-run news agency reported.
Police suspected illegal manufacturing and storage of detonators might have caused the blast.
The injured have been hospitalised and two of them are in critical condition.
Part of the building collapsed after the blast rocked the Yaoheningyuan Residential Community in Baoding.
Witnesses said heavy smoke was seen following the explosion, which shattered window glass of buildings 200 meters away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February