1 killed, 34 injured in blast in residential complex in China
Beijing: One person was killed and 34 others were injured in an explosion at a residential building in north China, which police said was triggered by illegal manufacturing and storage of detonators.
Police found self-made detonator shells at the six-storey building in Dongwuyao Village in Hebei province, where the explosion took place on saturday.
Detonator shells and explosive materials were also discovered in the building`s basement, state-run news agency reported.
Police suspected illegal manufacturing and storage of detonators might have caused the blast.
The injured have been hospitalised and two of them are in critical condition.
Part of the building collapsed after the blast rocked the Yaoheningyuan Residential Community in Baoding.
Witnesses said heavy smoke was seen following the explosion, which shattered window glass of buildings 200 meters away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad