17 missing in twin boat mishaps in China
Beijing: One person was rescued and nine others are missing after a fishing boat sank in waters off east China`s Shandong Province.
The boat, Lurongyu-0911, sank yesterday morning in waters about 60 sea miles east of Weihai City due to strong gales and high waves, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
Eleven vessels, including rescue ships and nearby cargo and fishing ships, have been organised to search for the missing.
Search and rescue efforts were still underway this afternoon.
Separately, a flat-bottomed cargo boat carrying 11 people capsized early this morning in central China`s Hunan Province, leaving eight passengers missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons