17 missing in twin boat mishaps in China
Beijing: One person was rescued and nine others are missing after a fishing boat sank in waters off east China`s Shandong Province.
The boat, Lurongyu-0911, sank yesterday morning in waters about 60 sea miles east of Weihai City due to strong gales and high waves, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
Eleven vessels, including rescue ships and nearby cargo and fishing ships, have been organised to search for the missing.
Search and rescue efforts were still underway this afternoon.
Separately, a flat-bottomed cargo boat carrying 11 people capsized early this morning in central China`s Hunan Province, leaving eight passengers missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida