17 missing in twin boat mishaps in China
Beijing: One person was rescued and nine others are missing after a fishing boat sank in waters off east China`s Shandong Province.
The boat, Lurongyu-0911, sank yesterday morning in waters about 60 sea miles east of Weihai City due to strong gales and high waves, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
Eleven vessels, including rescue ships and nearby cargo and fishing ships, have been organised to search for the missing.
Search and rescue efforts were still underway this afternoon.
Separately, a flat-bottomed cargo boat carrying 11 people capsized early this morning in central China`s Hunan Province, leaving eight passengers missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali