6 tourists killed in flash flood in China
Beijing: Six tourists were killed and more than 30 others evacuated after a flash flood inundated a mountain ravine in northwest China.
The flash flood, triggered by torrential rains in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, hit the Leek Ravine in the Helan Mountain which borders Inner Mongolia`s Alxa League yesterday, state-run Xinhua news agency said.
Nine tourists were washed away while playing near a waterfall in the ravine. Later, six of them were found dead while three others were rescued and hospitalised with injuries, the report said.
At least 30 other tourists were evacuated to the city proper for safety considerations, Xu Dongtao, an officer with Ningxia`s fire prevention headquarters who led the rescue operation said.
More than 100 officers and fire fighters joined the search and rescue.
The city government of Shizuishan warned citizens Saturday of more mountain torrents and landslides in the Helan Mountain this flood season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing