6 tourists killed in flash flood in China
Beijing: Six tourists were killed and more than 30 others evacuated after a flash flood inundated a mountain ravine in northwest China.
The flash flood, triggered by torrential rains in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, hit the Leek Ravine in the Helan Mountain which borders Inner Mongolia`s Alxa League yesterday, state-run Xinhua news agency said.
Nine tourists were washed away while playing near a waterfall in the ravine. Later, six of them were found dead while three others were rescued and hospitalised with injuries, the report said.
At least 30 other tourists were evacuated to the city proper for safety considerations, Xu Dongtao, an officer with Ningxia`s fire prevention headquarters who led the rescue operation said.
More than 100 officers and fire fighters joined the search and rescue.
The city government of Shizuishan warned citizens Saturday of more mountain torrents and landslides in the Helan Mountain this flood season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog