Airstrikes in Yemen kill 6 al-Qaeda suspects
Sanaa: Yemeni security officials say six al Qaeda suspects have been killed and 12 others wounded in Army attacks on militant positions around the country.
The officials say two militants were killed today in airstrikes in southern Abyan province. The attacks came days after militants overran a military post in the area.
The officials also say four militants died when the military shelled their positions in Marib province, to the east of the Yemeni capital, Sanaa. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to talk to the media.
Washington considers Yemen`s al Qaeda offshoot to be the world`s most dangerous branch of the terror network. The US is helping the Yemeni government battle the militants.
Al Qaeda has retaliated by carrying out assassinations of several senior Yemeni military officials.
- See pic: Tim Kopra shares view of massive storm near Japan from space!
- Thousands rally in Turkey to mark May Day amid tight security
- After Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh, forest fire now rages in J&K
- Uttarakhand forest fires: Social media terms it ‘National Emergency’, around 3000 hectares of forest area destroyed
- US, Russia in bids to halt fighting in Syria`s Aleppo