Airstrikes in Yemen kill 6 al-Qaeda suspects
Sanaa: Yemeni security officials say six al Qaeda suspects have been killed and 12 others wounded in Army attacks on militant positions around the country.
The officials say two militants were killed today in airstrikes in southern Abyan province. The attacks came days after militants overran a military post in the area.
The officials also say four militants died when the military shelled their positions in Marib province, to the east of the Yemeni capital, Sanaa. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to talk to the media.
Washington considers Yemen`s al Qaeda offshoot to be the world`s most dangerous branch of the terror network. The US is helping the Yemeni government battle the militants.
Al Qaeda has retaliated by carrying out assassinations of several senior Yemeni military officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid