Airstrikes in Yemen kill 6 al-Qaeda suspects
Sanaa: Yemeni security officials say six al Qaeda suspects have been killed and 12 others wounded in Army attacks on militant positions around the country.
The officials say two militants were killed today in airstrikes in southern Abyan province. The attacks came days after militants overran a military post in the area.
The officials also say four militants died when the military shelled their positions in Marib province, to the east of the Yemeni capital, Sanaa. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to talk to the media.
Washington considers Yemen`s al Qaeda offshoot to be the world`s most dangerous branch of the terror network. The US is helping the Yemeni government battle the militants.
Al Qaeda has retaliated by carrying out assassinations of several senior Yemeni military officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing