Amanda Knox opens up about `prison sex hell`
Melbourne: Amanda Knox, who was accused of murdering her roommate Meredith Kercher in 2007 in a sex based killing, has revealed that she was repeatedly sexually harassed, kissed by a bisexual cellmate and wrongly informed that she had contracted HIV while in prison.
Knox spent four years in prison for the crime until she was acquitted in 2011, New.com.au reported.
The 25-year-old American has claimed in her new book- Waiting to be Heard - that during that time, a senior prison warden quizzed her about sex and requested her to sleep with him.
Knox also writes about a guard who took photos of her "intimate parts", says she was propositioned by a female cellmate and was diagnosed HIV-positive.
In the new memoir, Knox talks about the charges made against her over Kercher`s death.
She also writes that Raffaele Argiro, a high-ranking prison official singled her out for intense sexual harassment.
"I hear you like to have sex. How do you like to have sex?" he asked her one night in his office, the book claims.
"What positions do you like most? Would you like to have sex with me? No? I`m too old for you?" the book adds.
Knox also claims that Argiro told her that he was still willing to have sex even after the HIV misdiagnosis.
The American, now based in her home city of Seattle, will now have to endure a retrial after her acquittal was overturned last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre