Amanda Knox opens up about `prison sex hell`
Melbourne: Amanda Knox, who was accused of murdering her roommate Meredith Kercher in 2007 in a sex based killing, has revealed that she was repeatedly sexually harassed, kissed by a bisexual cellmate and wrongly informed that she had contracted HIV while in prison.
Knox spent four years in prison for the crime until she was acquitted in 2011, New.com.au reported.
The 25-year-old American has claimed in her new book- Waiting to be Heard - that during that time, a senior prison warden quizzed her about sex and requested her to sleep with him.
Knox also writes about a guard who took photos of her "intimate parts", says she was propositioned by a female cellmate and was diagnosed HIV-positive.
In the new memoir, Knox talks about the charges made against her over Kercher`s death.
She also writes that Raffaele Argiro, a high-ranking prison official singled her out for intense sexual harassment.
"I hear you like to have sex. How do you like to have sex?" he asked her one night in his office, the book claims.
"What positions do you like most? Would you like to have sex with me? No? I`m too old for you?" the book adds.
Knox also claims that Argiro told her that he was still willing to have sex even after the HIV misdiagnosis.
The American, now based in her home city of Seattle, will now have to endure a retrial after her acquittal was overturned last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter