Amanda Knox opens up about `prison sex hell`
Melbourne: Amanda Knox, who was accused of murdering her roommate Meredith Kercher in 2007 in a sex based killing, has revealed that she was repeatedly sexually harassed, kissed by a bisexual cellmate and wrongly informed that she had contracted HIV while in prison.
Knox spent four years in prison for the crime until she was acquitted in 2011, New.com.au reported.
The 25-year-old American has claimed in her new book- Waiting to be Heard - that during that time, a senior prison warden quizzed her about sex and requested her to sleep with him.
Knox also writes about a guard who took photos of her "intimate parts", says she was propositioned by a female cellmate and was diagnosed HIV-positive.
In the new memoir, Knox talks about the charges made against her over Kercher`s death.
She also writes that Raffaele Argiro, a high-ranking prison official singled her out for intense sexual harassment.
"I hear you like to have sex. How do you like to have sex?" he asked her one night in his office, the book claims.
"What positions do you like most? Would you like to have sex with me? No? I`m too old for you?" the book adds.
Knox also claims that Argiro told her that he was still willing to have sex even after the HIV misdiagnosis.
The American, now based in her home city of Seattle, will now have to endure a retrial after her acquittal was overturned last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars