Ankara says union strike `illegal`, warns of police action
Ankara: Turkish Interior Minister Muammer Guler said Monday`s planned nationwide union strike in protest at police violence against anti-government demonstrators was "illegal", in the latest escalation of tensions in nearly three weeks of civil unrest.
"There is an attempt to bring people on to the streets through illegal protests like a strike," Guler told reporters in Ankara. "I want to state that it will not be permitted."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday