Ankara says union strike `illegal`, warns of police action
Ankara: Turkish Interior Minister Muammer Guler said Monday`s planned nationwide union strike in protest at police violence against anti-government demonstrators was "illegal", in the latest escalation of tensions in nearly three weeks of civil unrest.
"There is an attempt to bring people on to the streets through illegal protests like a strike," Guler told reporters in Ankara. "I want to state that it will not be permitted."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie