Armed groups blast oil pipeline in eastern Syria
Damascus: Armed groups blasted Thursday an oil pipeline in Syria`s eastern province of Deir al-Zour, the state TV said.
The pipe was blasted at al-Mraieh countryside of Deir al-Zour, the TV said, giving no further details.
Meanwhile, the pro-government Sham FM radio said scores of armed men were killed during clashes with the Syrian troops in Deir al-Zour on Thursday.
Dozens of oil pipelines have been either blasted or sabotaged during Syria`s 19-month-old crisis, with both conflicting parties exchanging accusations for the deteriorating situation.
Syrian officials said the damage befalling the energy sector are estimated at millions of US dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'