Armed groups blast oil pipeline in eastern Syria
Damascus: Armed groups blasted Thursday an oil pipeline in Syria`s eastern province of Deir al-Zour, the state TV said.
The pipe was blasted at al-Mraieh countryside of Deir al-Zour, the TV said, giving no further details.
Meanwhile, the pro-government Sham FM radio said scores of armed men were killed during clashes with the Syrian troops in Deir al-Zour on Thursday.
Dozens of oil pipelines have been either blasted or sabotaged during Syria`s 19-month-old crisis, with both conflicting parties exchanging accusations for the deteriorating situation.
Syrian officials said the damage befalling the energy sector are estimated at millions of US dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE