Armed groups blast oil pipeline in eastern Syria
Damascus: Armed groups blasted Thursday an oil pipeline in Syria`s eastern province of Deir al-Zour, the state TV said.
The pipe was blasted at al-Mraieh countryside of Deir al-Zour, the TV said, giving no further details.
Meanwhile, the pro-government Sham FM radio said scores of armed men were killed during clashes with the Syrian troops in Deir al-Zour on Thursday.
Dozens of oil pipelines have been either blasted or sabotaged during Syria`s 19-month-old crisis, with both conflicting parties exchanging accusations for the deteriorating situation.
Syrian officials said the damage befalling the energy sector are estimated at millions of US dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire