Armed groups blast oil pipeline in eastern Syria
Damascus: Armed groups blasted Thursday an oil pipeline in Syria`s eastern province of Deir al-Zour, the state TV said.
The pipe was blasted at al-Mraieh countryside of Deir al-Zour, the TV said, giving no further details.
Meanwhile, the pro-government Sham FM radio said scores of armed men were killed during clashes with the Syrian troops in Deir al-Zour on Thursday.
Dozens of oil pipelines have been either blasted or sabotaged during Syria`s 19-month-old crisis, with both conflicting parties exchanging accusations for the deteriorating situation.
Syrian officials said the damage befalling the energy sector are estimated at millions of US dollars.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata