Armed men fire shells at Palestinian camp in Syria
Damascus: Armed groups on Friday fired shells at the Yarmouk Palestinian camp in the Syrian capital Damascus, killing an undisclosed number of citizens and injuring many others, the state-TV reported.
The TV said the armed men also fired at the ambulances that have rushed to the scene to transport the injured, adding that a Syrian Army unit is currently tracking down the assailants.
The Yarmouk camp is flanked by two hotspots of violence, the Tadamun area and Hajar al-Aswad. Both areas have been witnessing armed confrontations between the Syrian Army and armed insurgent groups.
Dozens of Palestinian refugees in Syria had been reportedly killed in the chaos that has recently engulfed the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites