Armed men fire shells at Palestinian camp in Syria
Damascus: Armed groups on Friday fired shells at the Yarmouk Palestinian camp in the Syrian capital Damascus, killing an undisclosed number of citizens and injuring many others, the state-TV reported.
The TV said the armed men also fired at the ambulances that have rushed to the scene to transport the injured, adding that a Syrian Army unit is currently tracking down the assailants.
The Yarmouk camp is flanked by two hotspots of violence, the Tadamun area and Hajar al-Aswad. Both areas have been witnessing armed confrontations between the Syrian Army and armed insurgent groups.
Dozens of Palestinian refugees in Syria had been reportedly killed in the chaos that has recently engulfed the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened