Assailants kill 3 South Korean doctors in Nigeria
Abuja: In a pre-dawn attack, unknown assailants killed three South Korean doctors in Nigeria`s northern state of Robe, police said on Sunday.
Sanusi Rufai, the commissioner of police of Robe state, said the attack occurred in the town of Potiskum.
"They invaded the apartment of the doctors....And slit their throats," Rufai said.
Residents say the slain doctors worked at a general hospital in the city. No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Robe shares border with Borno state where terrorist group Boko Haram has its headquarters.
Last week, nine health workers on polio vaccination drive were shot dead by suspected Islamists in northern city of Kano.
Potiskum has witnessed repeated attacks by the group which has vowed to turn Nigeria into an Islamic state.
Boko Haram has a breakaway terrorist sect known as Ansaru which has attaced foreigners in the past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years