Assailants kill 3 South Korean doctors in Nigeria
Abuja: In a pre-dawn attack, unknown assailants killed three South Korean doctors in Nigeria`s northern state of Robe, police said on Sunday.
Sanusi Rufai, the commissioner of police of Robe state, said the attack occurred in the town of Potiskum.
"They invaded the apartment of the doctors....And slit their throats," Rufai said.
Residents say the slain doctors worked at a general hospital in the city. No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Robe shares border with Borno state where terrorist group Boko Haram has its headquarters.
Last week, nine health workers on polio vaccination drive were shot dead by suspected Islamists in northern city of Kano.
Potiskum has witnessed repeated attacks by the group which has vowed to turn Nigeria into an Islamic state.
Boko Haram has a breakaway terrorist sect known as Ansaru which has attaced foreigners in the past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble