Assailants kill 3 South Korean doctors in Nigeria
Abuja: In a pre-dawn attack, unknown assailants killed three South Korean doctors in Nigeria`s northern state of Robe, police said on Sunday.
Sanusi Rufai, the commissioner of police of Robe state, said the attack occurred in the town of Potiskum.
"They invaded the apartment of the doctors....And slit their throats," Rufai said.
Residents say the slain doctors worked at a general hospital in the city. No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Robe shares border with Borno state where terrorist group Boko Haram has its headquarters.
Last week, nine health workers on polio vaccination drive were shot dead by suspected Islamists in northern city of Kano.
Potiskum has witnessed repeated attacks by the group which has vowed to turn Nigeria into an Islamic state.
Boko Haram has a breakaway terrorist sect known as Ansaru which has attaced foreigners in the past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you