‘Batman’ shooting survivor gives birth, husband critical
Washington: A pregnant woman who narrowly escaped the shooting rampage during the screening of ‘the Dark Knight Rises’, has delivered her first child, while her husband who was injured in the massacre, is still fighting for his life.
James Holmes, 25, allegedly walked into a packed midnight showing of the new Batman movie and opened fire, striking 70 people and killing 12.
Katie Medley escaped the spray of bullets, but her husband Caleb was struck in the face and has lost his right eye.
He also suffered some brain damage, according to a website put up by his family.
He remains in a medically induced coma at the University of Colorado Denver Medical Center, the New York Daily News reports.
Katie, who has delivered her baby, is quoted on the website as saying Caleb was the fourth person removed from the theater.
According to Caleb`s website, the couple has no health insurance and family and friends were seeking donations to help with what are sure to be staggering medical bills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon