‘Batman’ shooting survivor gives birth, husband critical
Washington: A pregnant woman who narrowly escaped the shooting rampage during the screening of ‘the Dark Knight Rises’, has delivered her first child, while her husband who was injured in the massacre, is still fighting for his life.
James Holmes, 25, allegedly walked into a packed midnight showing of the new Batman movie and opened fire, striking 70 people and killing 12.
Katie Medley escaped the spray of bullets, but her husband Caleb was struck in the face and has lost his right eye.
He also suffered some brain damage, according to a website put up by his family.
He remains in a medically induced coma at the University of Colorado Denver Medical Center, the New York Daily News reports.
Katie, who has delivered her baby, is quoted on the website as saying Caleb was the fourth person removed from the theater.
According to Caleb`s website, the couple has no health insurance and family and friends were seeking donations to help with what are sure to be staggering medical bills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender