Breivik spared me, then shot me: Witness
Oslo: A Norwegian who survived Anders Behring Breivik`s shooting rampage on Utoya island capped two weeks of chilling witness statements from survivors on Friday, describing how the self-confessed killer first mistook him for a fellow right-wing extremist and spared him, then shot him when he found him again.
Adrian Pracon, 22, was the only adult survivor who was momentarily spared on July 22, when the 33-year old Norwegian right-wing extremist gunned down 69 people on the island after setting off a bomb in central Oslo that claimed eight lives.
Pracon testified that Breivik, a self-styled anti-Muslim crusader, first found him on Utoya island as he stood knee-deep in water at the shoreline with nowhere to hide.
"We got eye contact," the witness said. "I experienced it as if he made a long evaluation. When he turned away, it was very decisive. Almost as if in a military manner." Breivik lowered his weapon and went to hunt down other victims, Pracon said.
Later, Breivik returned to the shoreline where Pracon was lying and this time shot and wounded him in the shoulder, apparently while aiming for his head.
"Something died inside of me. I`ve been asking myself why I was spared. It doesn`t give me any meaning," Pracon told the court in the last witness statement from survivors of Breivik`s bloody massacre at the Labor Party`s annual youth camp on the island.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family