British girl raped by 90 men over weekend
London: A teenage girl in Britain was raped by 90 different men in one weekend after allegedly being enslaved by a sex ring, a shock new report has claimed.
The 16-year-old is said to be `deeply traumatized` by the experience, despite not coming from an `at risk` background.
According to the Daily Express, she was caught up in the web of horrific abuse after befriending vulnerable girls.
Her claims were revealed in a report by the Centre for Social Justice into modern slavery and sexual exploitation in Britain.
Andrew Wallis, chairman of the group who produced the report, said that the girl `is now safe`.
The CSJ, a think-tank set up by Iain Duncan Smith, the Work and Pensions Secretary, said more than 1,000 victims of trafficking were reported in the UK last year, a `significant number` of whom were children.
Many were forced into prostitution, crime or domestic labour.
The think-tank warned that the figure was `the tip of the iceberg` and condemned Britain`s attitude to the problem as `shameful`.
Half of all sexual exploitation victims found in 2011 were British girls trafficked from city to city within the UK, the report said.
A CSJ spokesman branded the situation `absurd and unacceptable`, and called for slavery and exploitation to be handled by the criminal authorities rather than the Minister for Immigration.
They want a new Modern Slavery Act passed by Parliament to bring all exploitation crimes together, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday