British girl raped by 90 men over weekend
London: A teenage girl in Britain was raped by 90 different men in one weekend after allegedly being enslaved by a sex ring, a shock new report has claimed.
The 16-year-old is said to be `deeply traumatized` by the experience, despite not coming from an `at risk` background.
According to the Daily Express, she was caught up in the web of horrific abuse after befriending vulnerable girls.
Her claims were revealed in a report by the Centre for Social Justice into modern slavery and sexual exploitation in Britain.
Andrew Wallis, chairman of the group who produced the report, said that the girl `is now safe`.
The CSJ, a think-tank set up by Iain Duncan Smith, the Work and Pensions Secretary, said more than 1,000 victims of trafficking were reported in the UK last year, a `significant number` of whom were children.
Many were forced into prostitution, crime or domestic labour.
The think-tank warned that the figure was `the tip of the iceberg` and condemned Britain`s attitude to the problem as `shameful`.
Half of all sexual exploitation victims found in 2011 were British girls trafficked from city to city within the UK, the report said.
A CSJ spokesman branded the situation `absurd and unacceptable`, and called for slavery and exploitation to be handled by the criminal authorities rather than the Minister for Immigration.
They want a new Modern Slavery Act passed by Parliament to bring all exploitation crimes together, it added.
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- West Bengal goes for fifth phase of polling on Saturday
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season