British girl raped by 90 men over weekend
London: A teenage girl in Britain was raped by 90 different men in one weekend after allegedly being enslaved by a sex ring, a shock new report has claimed.
The 16-year-old is said to be `deeply traumatized` by the experience, despite not coming from an `at risk` background.
According to the Daily Express, she was caught up in the web of horrific abuse after befriending vulnerable girls.
Her claims were revealed in a report by the Centre for Social Justice into modern slavery and sexual exploitation in Britain.
Andrew Wallis, chairman of the group who produced the report, said that the girl `is now safe`.
The CSJ, a think-tank set up by Iain Duncan Smith, the Work and Pensions Secretary, said more than 1,000 victims of trafficking were reported in the UK last year, a `significant number` of whom were children.
Many were forced into prostitution, crime or domestic labour.
The think-tank warned that the figure was `the tip of the iceberg` and condemned Britain`s attitude to the problem as `shameful`.
Half of all sexual exploitation victims found in 2011 were British girls trafficked from city to city within the UK, the report said.
A CSJ spokesman branded the situation `absurd and unacceptable`, and called for slavery and exploitation to be handled by the criminal authorities rather than the Minister for Immigration.
They want a new Modern Slavery Act passed by Parliament to bring all exploitation crimes together, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city