California Governor being ‘treated for prostate cancer’
Washington: California Governor Jerry Brown is being treated for early stage prostate cancer, his office has said.
It said that Brown will stay on the job throughout his nearly four-week treatment, calling the typically energetic 74-year-old chief executive’s prognosis ‘excellent’.
According to ABC News, Brown’s office gave few details about his treatment or how Brown was found to be suffering from the second-most common cancer to afflict men.
In a statement it said that he would undergo conventional radiotherapy until the week of January 07 for what it called a ‘localised’ cancer.
“The three-term Governor’s ‘prognosis is excellent, and there are not expected to be any significant side effects’”, University of California, San Francisco oncologist Eric Small, who is Brown’s oncologist, said in the statement.
Brown`s spokesman Gil Duran declined to comment further, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured