California Governor being ‘treated for prostate cancer’
Washington: California Governor Jerry Brown is being treated for early stage prostate cancer, his office has said.
It said that Brown will stay on the job throughout his nearly four-week treatment, calling the typically energetic 74-year-old chief executive’s prognosis ‘excellent’.
According to ABC News, Brown’s office gave few details about his treatment or how Brown was found to be suffering from the second-most common cancer to afflict men.
In a statement it said that he would undergo conventional radiotherapy until the week of January 07 for what it called a ‘localised’ cancer.
“The three-term Governor’s ‘prognosis is excellent, and there are not expected to be any significant side effects’”, University of California, San Francisco oncologist Eric Small, who is Brown’s oncologist, said in the statement.
Brown`s spokesman Gil Duran declined to comment further, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery