California Governor being ‘treated for prostate cancer’
Washington: California Governor Jerry Brown is being treated for early stage prostate cancer, his office has said.
It said that Brown will stay on the job throughout his nearly four-week treatment, calling the typically energetic 74-year-old chief executive’s prognosis ‘excellent’.
According to ABC News, Brown’s office gave few details about his treatment or how Brown was found to be suffering from the second-most common cancer to afflict men.
In a statement it said that he would undergo conventional radiotherapy until the week of January 07 for what it called a ‘localised’ cancer.
“The three-term Governor’s ‘prognosis is excellent, and there are not expected to be any significant side effects’”, University of California, San Francisco oncologist Eric Small, who is Brown’s oncologist, said in the statement.
Brown`s spokesman Gil Duran declined to comment further, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS