China bird flu toll rises to 33
Beijing: The toll due to the H7N9 avian influenza in China has risen to 33, with the death of an 83-year-old woman in Shanghai, officials said on Saturday.
The woman surnamed Jiang died Friday evening at a hospital in Shanghai, a month after her infection was confirmed, Xinhua cited the Shanghai Municipal Health and Family Planning Commission as saying.
Till Saturday, Shanghai confirmed 33 H7N9 infection cases. Four of them are being treated in hospital, 15 have recovered and 14 died.
China has so far reported 130 confirmed H7N9 cases, that includes the 33 deaths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar