China bird flu toll rises to 33
Beijing: The toll due to the H7N9 avian influenza in China has risen to 33, with the death of an 83-year-old woman in Shanghai, officials said on Saturday.
The woman surnamed Jiang died Friday evening at a hospital in Shanghai, a month after her infection was confirmed, Xinhua cited the Shanghai Municipal Health and Family Planning Commission as saying.
Till Saturday, Shanghai confirmed 33 H7N9 infection cases. Four of them are being treated in hospital, 15 have recovered and 14 died.
China has so far reported 130 confirmed H7N9 cases, that includes the 33 deaths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror