China earthquake: 102 cultural sites damaged
Beijing: The 7.0-magnitude earthquake that struck China`s Sichuan province has damaged 102 cultural relic sites.
The State Administration of Cultural Heritage said that among the damaged places were 24 sites at the national level and 61 at the provincial level.
Saturday`s quake has also caused damage to another 12 museums where 274 cultural relics items were affected, the administration said.
About 200 people have been killed and over 11,500 injured in the quake, state-run Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez