China to build robots at new industrial base
Beijing: China will establish a new industrial base in northeast Liaoning province that will mostly develop robots and other intelligent equipment, officials said.
Located in Shenfu New Town, a development zone in Fushun, the industrial base will cover an area of five square km, Zhao Qibin, deputy director of the town management committee, told Xinhua.
He said the industrial base will be completed by the end of 2017, and will mostly develop robots and other intelligent equipment after academies and technical centres are established there.
It will be the country`s largest robot industrial base by 2030, he said.
The robot industry is gaining momentum in China, as robots are gradually replacing traditional human labourers, especially in the fields of rescue, assembly, printing, transportation and welding.
To promote the application of relevant technologies, the China Robot Industry Association was set up in Beijing on April 21.
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success