China to build robots at new industrial base
Beijing: China will establish a new industrial base in northeast Liaoning province that will mostly develop robots and other intelligent equipment, officials said.
Located in Shenfu New Town, a development zone in Fushun, the industrial base will cover an area of five square km, Zhao Qibin, deputy director of the town management committee, told Xinhua.
He said the industrial base will be completed by the end of 2017, and will mostly develop robots and other intelligent equipment after academies and technical centres are established there.
It will be the country`s largest robot industrial base by 2030, he said.
The robot industry is gaining momentum in China, as robots are gradually replacing traditional human labourers, especially in the fields of rescue, assembly, printing, transportation and welding.
To promote the application of relevant technologies, the China Robot Industry Association was set up in Beijing on April 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding