China to build robots at new industrial base
Beijing: China will establish a new industrial base in northeast Liaoning province that will mostly develop robots and other intelligent equipment, officials said.
Located in Shenfu New Town, a development zone in Fushun, the industrial base will cover an area of five square km, Zhao Qibin, deputy director of the town management committee, told Xinhua.
He said the industrial base will be completed by the end of 2017, and will mostly develop robots and other intelligent equipment after academies and technical centres are established there.
It will be the country`s largest robot industrial base by 2030, he said.
The robot industry is gaining momentum in China, as robots are gradually replacing traditional human labourers, especially in the fields of rescue, assembly, printing, transportation and welding.
To promote the application of relevant technologies, the China Robot Industry Association was set up in Beijing on April 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender