Chinese diplomats receive bullet from ‘Yoshihiko Noda’
Tokyo: The Chinese Embassy in Tokyo has reportedly received a bullet in the mail from a sender named ‘Yoshihiko Noda’.
The envelope that was sent under the name of the Japanese Prime Minister arrived at the embassy on Thursday morning.
A spokeswoman at Noda’s office only said that the Prime Minister had not sent the bullet and declined to elaborate on any action it might take, the Japan Times reports.
According to the report, the bullet was not accompanied by any letter.
The report quoted a police sources, as saying that they are investigating whether it was a real bullet or not.
The incident took place as tensions between Japan and China have flared since Tokyo`s nationalist governor announced that he planned to buy and develop the Senkaku Islands, which Beijing claims as Diaoyu.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know