Chinese Navy commissions `new type` guide missile destroyer
Beijing: Chinese Navy has commissioned a new-type guided missile destroyer which can be independently used to attack enemies` ships and submarines.
The ship named "Changchun" was commissioned recently at a military port of a troop unit in Zhoushan City of east China`s Zhejiang province, state-run People`s Daily online reported.
The "Changchun" warship is China`s independently-developed new-type closed air defence guided missile destroyer with fully-load displacement of 6,000-odd tons.
It has greater long-range warning, detecting and regional air defence capabilities, and can be used independently or with other naval strength to attack enemies` surface ships and submarines, it said.
It`s name was chosen from one of the previous naval ships decommissioned earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?