Chinese Navy commissions `new type` guide missile destroyer
Beijing: Chinese Navy has commissioned a new-type guided missile destroyer which can be independently used to attack enemies` ships and submarines.
The ship named "Changchun" was commissioned recently at a military port of a troop unit in Zhoushan City of east China`s Zhejiang province, state-run People`s Daily online reported.
The "Changchun" warship is China`s independently-developed new-type closed air defence guided missile destroyer with fully-load displacement of 6,000-odd tons.
It has greater long-range warning, detecting and regional air defence capabilities, and can be used independently or with other naval strength to attack enemies` surface ships and submarines, it said.
It`s name was chosen from one of the previous naval ships decommissioned earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal