Chinese Navy commissions `new type` guide missile destroyer
Beijing: Chinese Navy has commissioned a new-type guided missile destroyer which can be independently used to attack enemies` ships and submarines.
The ship named "Changchun" was commissioned recently at a military port of a troop unit in Zhoushan City of east China`s Zhejiang province, state-run People`s Daily online reported.
The "Changchun" warship is China`s independently-developed new-type closed air defence guided missile destroyer with fully-load displacement of 6,000-odd tons.
It has greater long-range warning, detecting and regional air defence capabilities, and can be used independently or with other naval strength to attack enemies` surface ships and submarines, it said.
It`s name was chosen from one of the previous naval ships decommissioned earlier.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan