Dismissed cook stabs tourists in Russian city
Moscow: A cook in the Russian city of St Petersburg went on a stabbing rampage, attacking tourists in the pier, after being sacked from a river cruise ship, according to Fontanka.ru website.
The 31-year-old man started shouting madly as he went on stabbing people deliberately with two knives, injuring a tourist and a security guard, the report said. He also claimed to be carrying a bomb in his bag which later proved to be a lie.
However, another security guard deputed there pulled an air gun and wounded the agitated cook with a few shots, the website said.
The cook used to work on the Sergei Dyagilev cruise ship but was dismissed from duty over unexplained reasons after a single trip.
As the man was not under influence but appeared insane, the report said, it could get him out of the charges of hooliganism and inflicting grave bodily harm.
According to city administration`s figures, some five million people visit St Petersburg annually,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley