Dismissed cook stabs tourists in Russian city
Moscow: A cook in the Russian city of St Petersburg went on a stabbing rampage, attacking tourists in the pier, after being sacked from a river cruise ship, according to Fontanka.ru website.
The 31-year-old man started shouting madly as he went on stabbing people deliberately with two knives, injuring a tourist and a security guard, the report said. He also claimed to be carrying a bomb in his bag which later proved to be a lie.
However, another security guard deputed there pulled an air gun and wounded the agitated cook with a few shots, the website said.
The cook used to work on the Sergei Dyagilev cruise ship but was dismissed from duty over unexplained reasons after a single trip.
As the man was not under influence but appeared insane, the report said, it could get him out of the charges of hooliganism and inflicting grave bodily harm.
According to city administration`s figures, some five million people visit St Petersburg annually,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh