Diversity of staff one of Obama’s `highest priorities`
Washington: US President Barack Obama sees bringing a diverse set of staffers into his administration as a key part of his legacy.
Obama was quoted as saying that one of his highest priorities as an administration is to make sure that they are identifying talent from every walk of life, from every ethnic group, reports Politico.
Obama said his administration would redouble their efforts to recruit talented and gifted Latinos that come from every walk of life.
The US President refuted claims that his recent nominations and appointments haven`t been sufficiently diverse, and offered a wait-and-see defence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"