Ex-cop arrested for murdering teen, raping girl in Mexico
Mexico City: A former police officer has been arrested in connection with the murder of a 16-year-old boy and the rape of his 15-year-old girlfriend last month, Mexican officials said.
Pedro Luis Becerril is a former member of the police department in Chimalhuacan, a city in Mexico state, which surrounds the Federal District and forms part of the Mexico City metropolitan area.
Becerril was a fugitive since Feb 22, when the murder and rape occurred in Chimalhuacan, Mexico state Attorney General Miguel Angel Contreras said.
The former police officer was arrested in the southern state of Oaxaca and taken to a prison, Contreras said.
Three police officers found the teenage couple sitting inside a vehicle in the early morning hours of Feb 22.
The officers asked the couple to get out of the car so they could question them.
Two of the officers spoke with the young man while a third officer took the young woman to a nearby location and sexually assaulted her, investigators said.
The officers then released the couple and the young woman went home and told her relatives what happened.
The family sought help from neighbours and the group found the officers in their patrol car.
The young man was shot and killed during a confrontation with the officers, the AG`s office said.
Authorities are still looking for the other two officers involved in the incident.
Becerril had worked as a Chimalhuacan municipal police officer for four years, but the other two men had joined the force two days before the incident occurred.
The case rocked Mexico, where many municipal police officers are prosecuted every year for committing crimes or assisting drug cartels and other criminal organizations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams