Explosion at a chemical plant in China kills two
Beijing: Two workers were killed and another seven injured in an explosion at a chemical plant in south China`s Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region on Thursday.
The accident happened around noon at a purification workshop ran by the Hechi Chemical Industrial Group Company in the city of Hechi, Li Chunqi, deputy general manager of the company said.
The injured have been taken to a local hospital for treatment, Li said, adding that their injuries are not life-threatening.
An initial investigation indicated that the blast was caused by a gas leak, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The company is a subsidiary of the state-owned China National Chemical Corporation, or ChemChina.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef