Explosion at a chemical plant in China kills two
Beijing: Two workers were killed and another seven injured in an explosion at a chemical plant in south China`s Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region on Thursday.
The accident happened around noon at a purification workshop ran by the Hechi Chemical Industrial Group Company in the city of Hechi, Li Chunqi, deputy general manager of the company said.
The injured have been taken to a local hospital for treatment, Li said, adding that their injuries are not life-threatening.
An initial investigation indicated that the blast was caused by a gas leak, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The company is a subsidiary of the state-owned China National Chemical Corporation, or ChemChina.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science