Explosion at a chemical plant in China kills two
Beijing: Two workers were killed and another seven injured in an explosion at a chemical plant in south China`s Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region on Thursday.
The accident happened around noon at a purification workshop ran by the Hechi Chemical Industrial Group Company in the city of Hechi, Li Chunqi, deputy general manager of the company said.
The injured have been taken to a local hospital for treatment, Li said, adding that their injuries are not life-threatening.
An initial investigation indicated that the blast was caused by a gas leak, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The company is a subsidiary of the state-owned China National Chemical Corporation, or ChemChina.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video