Explosion at a chemical plant in China kills two
Beijing: Two workers were killed and another seven injured in an explosion at a chemical plant in south China`s Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region on Thursday.
The accident happened around noon at a purification workshop ran by the Hechi Chemical Industrial Group Company in the city of Hechi, Li Chunqi, deputy general manager of the company said.
The injured have been taken to a local hospital for treatment, Li said, adding that their injuries are not life-threatening.
An initial investigation indicated that the blast was caused by a gas leak, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The company is a subsidiary of the state-owned China National Chemical Corporation, or ChemChina.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH