Explosion at a chemical plant in China kills two
Beijing: Two workers were killed and another seven injured in an explosion at a chemical plant in south China`s Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region on Thursday.
The accident happened around noon at a purification workshop ran by the Hechi Chemical Industrial Group Company in the city of Hechi, Li Chunqi, deputy general manager of the company said.
The injured have been taken to a local hospital for treatment, Li said, adding that their injuries are not life-threatening.
An initial investigation indicated that the blast was caused by a gas leak, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The company is a subsidiary of the state-owned China National Chemical Corporation, or ChemChina.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar