Fake Putin driving license seized in Germany
Riga (Latvia): A fake Latvian driving license, bearing the name and photo of Russian President Vladimir Putin, was seized from a Russian national in Germany, the Latvian traffic authority said.
A routine check on a train in southern Bavaria revealed a 27-year-old passenger carrying the license, reportedly issued by the Latvian Road Traffic Safety Directorate to the Russian President.
The department said in a statement the document was "absolutely fake".
"Every license issued in Latvia is recorded in an official register and has a unique number… No driving license was ever issued to the Russian President," the statement reads.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!