Family of anti-Islam movie maker ‘joins him in hiding`
Washington: Family members of the man who produced the controversial anti-Muslim movie that left the Islamic world outraged, have reportedly fled their home to join him in hiding.
Nakoula Basseley Nakoula has not returned to his California home since being interviewed last Friday by federal probation officers about his role in the creation of the film titled ‘Innocence of Muslims’
Los Angeles County Sheriff Department officers on Monday escorted members of Nakoula`s family out of the house and into police vehicles so they could rejoin Nakoula at an undisclosed location.
Steve Whitmore, a spokesman for the Sheriff`s Department, said ‘the family decided they would be safer where they could move about and live a normal life’.
“All we did was pick them up and reunite them with Nakoula,” ABC news quoted Whitmore, as saying.
Whitmore said the family`s current whereabouts are unknown to him, and it was his understanding that they won`t ever return to their house, though that decision was "entirely up to the family."
Nakoula had originally used the pseudonym Sam Bacile, telling reporters he was an ‘Israeli Jew’.
American authorities later revealed that Nakoula is actually an Egyptian-American Coptic Christian, and that he and his son, Abanob Basseley, 21, were responsible for producing the movie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read