Four bodies found hanging from bridge in Mexico
Monterrey: Mexican police Friday found four bodies hanging from a bridge in the northern city of Saltillo, an official said.
The four bodies bearing signs of torture and wrapped in bandages had been hung from the El Sarape bridge, which links Saltillo`s east side with the city center, Coahuila state`s security spokesman Sergio Sibeles told EFE.
After the arrival of forensics personnel from the Coahuila state Attorney General`s Office, the bodies were taken to a coroner`s office for an autopsy.
A threatening message believed to have been left by an organized crime gang was found at the scene, local media reported. Its content was not revealed.
Saltillo has been the scene of turf battles in recent years pitting the Los Zetas, Gulf and Sinaloa cartels. Army soldiers and federal police have been deployed to the city in an effort to stanch the violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter