Four bodies found hanging from bridge in Mexico
Monterrey: Mexican police Friday found four bodies hanging from a bridge in the northern city of Saltillo, an official said.
The four bodies bearing signs of torture and wrapped in bandages had been hung from the El Sarape bridge, which links Saltillo`s east side with the city center, Coahuila state`s security spokesman Sergio Sibeles told EFE.
After the arrival of forensics personnel from the Coahuila state Attorney General`s Office, the bodies were taken to a coroner`s office for an autopsy.
A threatening message believed to have been left by an organized crime gang was found at the scene, local media reported. Its content was not revealed.
Saltillo has been the scene of turf battles in recent years pitting the Los Zetas, Gulf and Sinaloa cartels. Army soldiers and federal police have been deployed to the city in an effort to stanch the violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends