Four bodies found hanging from bridge in Mexico
Monterrey: Mexican police Friday found four bodies hanging from a bridge in the northern city of Saltillo, an official said.
The four bodies bearing signs of torture and wrapped in bandages had been hung from the El Sarape bridge, which links Saltillo`s east side with the city center, Coahuila state`s security spokesman Sergio Sibeles told EFE.
After the arrival of forensics personnel from the Coahuila state Attorney General`s Office, the bodies were taken to a coroner`s office for an autopsy.
A threatening message believed to have been left by an organized crime gang was found at the scene, local media reported. Its content was not revealed.
Saltillo has been the scene of turf battles in recent years pitting the Los Zetas, Gulf and Sinaloa cartels. Army soldiers and federal police have been deployed to the city in an effort to stanch the violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’