Four killed, 64 injured in road accidents in China
Beijing: Four people were killed today and 64 others injured in three separate road accidents in China`s eastern Jiangxi Province due to heavy snow fall and rain.
A long-distance coach overturned on a section of the Fuyin expressway, which links the city of Fuzhou in southeast China`s Fujian Province with Yinchuan in China`s northwestern Ningxia Hui autonomous region, killing one person and injuring 39 others, firefighters said.
Fifty-nine people were in the vehicle.
Another coach overturned on the Quannan expressway, killing two and injuring 22 others.
Separately, a sedan-coach collision on the same expressway has left one dead and three others injured, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
All the injured have been sent to local hospitals, although their condition is not yet known.
Traffic police said slippery road conditions resulting from persistent rain and snow over the past few days may have caused the accidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player