Four killed, 64 injured in road accidents in China
Beijing: Four people were killed today and 64 others injured in three separate road accidents in China`s eastern Jiangxi Province due to heavy snow fall and rain.
A long-distance coach overturned on a section of the Fuyin expressway, which links the city of Fuzhou in southeast China`s Fujian Province with Yinchuan in China`s northwestern Ningxia Hui autonomous region, killing one person and injuring 39 others, firefighters said.
Fifty-nine people were in the vehicle.
Another coach overturned on the Quannan expressway, killing two and injuring 22 others.
Separately, a sedan-coach collision on the same expressway has left one dead and three others injured, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
All the injured have been sent to local hospitals, although their condition is not yet known.
Traffic police said slippery road conditions resulting from persistent rain and snow over the past few days may have caused the accidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley