Four killed, 64 injured in road accidents in China
Beijing: Four people were killed today and 64 others injured in three separate road accidents in China`s eastern Jiangxi Province due to heavy snow fall and rain.
A long-distance coach overturned on a section of the Fuyin expressway, which links the city of Fuzhou in southeast China`s Fujian Province with Yinchuan in China`s northwestern Ningxia Hui autonomous region, killing one person and injuring 39 others, firefighters said.
Fifty-nine people were in the vehicle.
Another coach overturned on the Quannan expressway, killing two and injuring 22 others.
Separately, a sedan-coach collision on the same expressway has left one dead and three others injured, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
All the injured have been sent to local hospitals, although their condition is not yet known.
Traffic police said slippery road conditions resulting from persistent rain and snow over the past few days may have caused the accidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!