Four killed, 64 injured in road accidents in China
Beijing: Four people were killed today and 64 others injured in three separate road accidents in China`s eastern Jiangxi Province due to heavy snow fall and rain.
A long-distance coach overturned on a section of the Fuyin expressway, which links the city of Fuzhou in southeast China`s Fujian Province with Yinchuan in China`s northwestern Ningxia Hui autonomous region, killing one person and injuring 39 others, firefighters said.
Fifty-nine people were in the vehicle.
Another coach overturned on the Quannan expressway, killing two and injuring 22 others.
Separately, a sedan-coach collision on the same expressway has left one dead and three others injured, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
All the injured have been sent to local hospitals, although their condition is not yet known.
Traffic police said slippery road conditions resulting from persistent rain and snow over the past few days may have caused the accidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Premier Futsal: Goa 5's outclass Bengaluru 5's 3-0, seal semi-final spot
- Scientists reconstruct detailed 3D eyes from single photo
- Santander pips BBVA: Eurozone`s largest bank becomes La Liga's newest sponsors
- US sanctions target Assad regime's arms, finance networks
- Bastille Day killer had help preparing Nice attack, says Paris prosecutor