Four members of family shot dead in Mexico
Mexico City: Four members of a family were gunned down over the weekend outside the Mexican Pacific resort city of Acapulco by unidentified individuals, media reports said.
A man shot twice in the chest is listed in serious condition following Sunday`s shooting, the Novedades de Acapulco newspaper reported.
One of the dead is a 34-year-old woman who was six months` pregnant, the daily said, adding that the motive for the killings has not been determined.
The murders occurred in Ampliacion Lazaro Cardenas, a neighbourhood on the outskirts of Acapulco.
The Citizens Council for Public Safety and Criminal Justice said in a report issued in February that Acapulco was the world`s second most violent city, with 142 homicides per 100,000 residents, trailing only San Pedro Sula, Honduras.
Acapulco, one of Mexico`s most famous tourist destinations, has been plagued by drug-related violence in recent years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test
- Donald Trump threatens to leave WTO
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event