Four members of family shot dead in Mexico
Mexico City: Four members of a family were gunned down over the weekend outside the Mexican Pacific resort city of Acapulco by unidentified individuals, media reports said.
A man shot twice in the chest is listed in serious condition following Sunday`s shooting, the Novedades de Acapulco newspaper reported.
One of the dead is a 34-year-old woman who was six months` pregnant, the daily said, adding that the motive for the killings has not been determined.
The murders occurred in Ampliacion Lazaro Cardenas, a neighbourhood on the outskirts of Acapulco.
The Citizens Council for Public Safety and Criminal Justice said in a report issued in February that Acapulco was the world`s second most violent city, with 142 homicides per 100,000 residents, trailing only San Pedro Sula, Honduras.
Acapulco, one of Mexico`s most famous tourist destinations, has been plagued by drug-related violence in recent years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble