Four murder victims dumped on road in Mexico
Ciudad Juarez: Four people, one of them a 13-year-old boy, were found fatally shot on a road in the northern border state of Chihuahua, Mexican authorities said.
The bodies were discovered Thursday night on the road linking the city of Parral with the village of Guadalupe y Calvo, state Attorney General`s Office spokesman Carlos Gonzalez told EFE.
"All of the bodies (have) bullet wounds in different parts of the body and in the head," he said on Friday.
Shell casings from more than one type of gun were found with the bodies and authorities suspect the killings were the work of organized crime.
Chihuahua, the most violent of Mexico`s 32 states, has been the scene in recent years of a battle among rival drug cartels to control smuggling routes in the neighbouring US.
Some 70,000 people have died since December 2006 in conflict among the cartels and between the criminals and Mexico`s security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur