Four murder victims dumped on road in Mexico
Ciudad Juarez: Four people, one of them a 13-year-old boy, were found fatally shot on a road in the northern border state of Chihuahua, Mexican authorities said.
The bodies were discovered Thursday night on the road linking the city of Parral with the village of Guadalupe y Calvo, state Attorney General`s Office spokesman Carlos Gonzalez told EFE.
"All of the bodies (have) bullet wounds in different parts of the body and in the head," he said on Friday.
Shell casings from more than one type of gun were found with the bodies and authorities suspect the killings were the work of organized crime.
Chihuahua, the most violent of Mexico`s 32 states, has been the scene in recent years of a battle among rival drug cartels to control smuggling routes in the neighbouring US.
Some 70,000 people have died since December 2006 in conflict among the cartels and between the criminals and Mexico`s security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch