Four murder victims dumped on road in Mexico
Ciudad Juarez: Four people, one of them a 13-year-old boy, were found fatally shot on a road in the northern border state of Chihuahua, Mexican authorities said.
The bodies were discovered Thursday night on the road linking the city of Parral with the village of Guadalupe y Calvo, state Attorney General`s Office spokesman Carlos Gonzalez told EFE.
"All of the bodies (have) bullet wounds in different parts of the body and in the head," he said on Friday.
Shell casings from more than one type of gun were found with the bodies and authorities suspect the killings were the work of organized crime.
Chihuahua, the most violent of Mexico`s 32 states, has been the scene in recent years of a battle among rival drug cartels to control smuggling routes in the neighbouring US.
Some 70,000 people have died since December 2006 in conflict among the cartels and between the criminals and Mexico`s security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan