France broadcasts Strauss-Kahn hotel images
Paris: A French television channel on Friday
broadcast for the first time security camera images from the
New York hotel where Dominique Strauss-Kahn stayed on the day
he was accused of sexual assault.
BFMTV broadcast images showing the former International
Monetary Fund chief in May paying his bill, leaving and
getting into a taxi after he was alleged to have sexually
assaulted chamber maid Nafissatou Diallo.
New York prosecutors dropped the case against
Strauss-Kahn, who had been tipped to win next year`s French
presidential election, after Diallo was deemed an unreliable
Strauss-Kahn admits that a sexual liaison took place but
insists it was consensual.
The images show that Strauss-Kahn was not in a hurry when
he left the Sofitel hotel at 12:27 pm local time on the day of
his arrest, May 14.
Other images show Diallo seated in a corridor and being
looked after by Sofitel employees after she said Strauss-Kahn
attacked her in his suite.
A hotel employee is shown and heard calling police to
inform them of the alleged attack.
Two other hotel employees can be seen briefly celebrating
in other images. The hotel has said the celebration was
unconnected with the alleged attack.
Hotel group Accor, which owns the Sofitel, criticised the
broadcasting of the footage, saying it "exposes staff members
to media curiosity to no useful purpose."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about